Friday, November 21, 2008

Visiting family in Poznań






Hi all. We just got back from the States, and two days later we were off to Poznań, a city west of Warsaw, where lots of Jacek's family lives. I haven't even had a chance to write anything about our trip back home, but I figured I would post these pics now and tell you about our trip to the States a bit later.
So - we spent the weekend with Jacek's cousin's family (check out the Geni family tree - http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index). They have two great kids, Natalia and Pawel, who took great care of our twins while Jacek and I went to work on Saturday. I had to give a lecture on heart disease and Jacek had some eye exams to perform. Later the rest of Lenka's family came to visit - her parents and her brother with his wife and son (Acik - some of you might know him, he spent a few months in the States at my parents). Then we spent a great evening relaxing with the family and trying to get the twins back on their polish schedule. Lots of help from Natalia, Pawel, Jacek's s sister Ania, and his cousin Lenka and her husband Maciej(all in the pictures here or on Flickr). All in all a great time.
Sunday Jacek's sister, the twins and I went to another cousin's baby christening - Junior was dressed just like his Dziodzio in a bow tie and looked very handsom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my sweet Lord, how cute does Junior look in his little bow tie?!
I kind of got a glimpse of his "big boy face".