Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Egypt

Just got back from Egypt last night. Jacek and I went with a couple of friends. Of course we went to a windsurfing base. Everyone had a great time. I've actually never had this type of vacation, but no complaints.. I spent almost the whole time in our air conditioned room as I couldn't sunbathe, go swimming or horseback riding. I spent a little time lounging in the shade reading books. The rooms were great though and they had the best TV ever; a channel that played American movies all day long, one after another, with Egyptian subtitles and almost no commercials. So all in all I watched about 10 pretty good movies and read 4,5 books. :) HAPPY CAMPER ME!
Here's some pictures..

The windsurfing base. It's amazing to see the mountains beyond the hotels; they are massive and completely bare.










It's back to basics when there's no wind. Everone would rather be on the water, but hey, they'll take theoretical lessons over doing nothing.






Here's our room. Each day the cleaning men made some kind of shape out of the blankets and towels. And you can see that there's not much of a belly. But I haven't been able to put on my normal pants anymore. I'm back in the pregnant people clothes.






Jacek and some of the guys went on a quad trip in the mountains. They had a great time, all were gritty and grimy afterwords. Similar trips could be taken on horseback or camel. Last year I went horseback riding up in those hills -- pretty rough and barren terrain.














And we're back home. This shot is just so Agi can see my hair and my belly (she's been relentless!).




Yesterday we were both back at work. My happily feeling crappy feeling has lessened a bit, but still feeling crappy. Next doc appt on the 8th. We'll keep you posted.

xoxo

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wish you were here :-)

But sounds like life is good!!

xo