Friday, January 04, 2008

Ok ok. No need to yell at me! I know I've been neglecting my duties. Here's the scoop.

Jacek had knee surgery about 3 weeks ago (an old contusion gone bad) and has been on crutches since (only 3 more weeks left). We actually make a pretty good pair - I'm wobbling and he's hopping; we're at about the same speed, so it all works out. But whatever we do, we do together. I can get us there (wherever), but then Jacek has to lift it, move it, load it into the car (whatever it might be). And since work starts at 9 am and ends at 9 pm - it's been interesting. But we did have a great rest during the xmas break. We went to our summer / winter cottage and did absolutely nothing. We had the fireplace going and it was nice and cosy. My in laws live just next door, so we had a home cooked dinner everyday. But there was not Internet access, so - no pictures.

But we're back home now. And here is what's new (besides the knee). I'm no longer working (got a doctor's note - hurray!) Both kids are doing well, although I got a scare last night. I though the girl stopped moving, but she just flipped from downside up. Now both are positioned with their head right under my liver (and they've started kicking the bladder this afternoon). A couple of days ago my belly was lob sided again, and now I know why - the kids were just flipping around! And I was surprised why my belly felt so hard and uncomfortable.
Other completely new situations for me:
I now buy ice cream.
I've eaten my first whole bar of chocolate in one sitting! And it took me all of 5 minutes. Actually, I've never before eaten a whole bar of chocolate even in many sittings (herring was my thing).
I went to the bathroom, got up, and went straight to the other bathroom in my apt. without even thinking about it. Hmm - going pee literally every 3 minutes! But why I changed bathrooms...?
And to Ags - yes, I actually am washing the dishes sideways, just didn't notice it 'til you asked :)

So to finish up, here's me at 25 weeks ...



3 comments:

Connie said...

You look WONDERFUL!! Woo hoo... getting really close. Miss you. xo

Samantha said...

You look TOO cute! Now I can stop bugging Ags to get you to post something on the blog! Yeah!
Hope all is well.
Love
LaLa

LLT said...

You really do look beautiful. Lie around and eat, you won't get to for a looooong time.

Linda